Information Collection and Use
It is not necessary to provide Taut with your personally identifiable information to use the Taut Website, and Taut does not collect personally identifiable information in connection with the operation of the Taut Website. If you contact Taut by email through the Taut Website, Taut may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to Taut in your message, to respond to you. Taut treats this information as it would treat any other unsolicited business correspondence, and has no obligation to keep this information confidential, nor to take any security measures to protect this information.
When you visit the Taut Website, Taut’s servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider, the IP address will be different every time you log on. Taut uses Log Data to monitor use of the Taut Website and the services we offer via the Taut Website and for the Taut Website’s technical administration.
Taut mainly uses "session cookies", which enable certain features of the Taut Website and services offered via the Taut Website, to better understand how you interact with the Web Site and services we offer via the Taut Website, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Taut Website, and to improve the Taut Website and services offered via the Taut Website. Session cookies should be deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the Taut Website.
Taut also uses a persistent cookie that stays on your computer after you leave the Taut Website, for the sole purpose of ensuring that you receive a variety of Taut content (also called “frequency-capping”).
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by. editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Taut cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties, to enforce and comply with the law. Taut may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as Taut, in its sole discretion, believes necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Taut or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
If any or all of the assets of Taut are acquired by, or merged with another entity, Taut will share with this entity some or all of the information collected through the Taut Website.
Because Taut does not collect any personally identifiable information from the Taut Website, Taut does not take any specific security measures to protect the information we do collect.
Links to Other Sites
Our Policy Towards Children
The Taut Website is not directed to children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Taut with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact Taut at email@example.com. If Taut becomes aware that a child under 13 has provided Taut with personally identifiable information, Taut will remove such information from our files.
Taut Widget Data Protection Summary
This Taut Widget Data Protection Summary (this “Summary”) will help to explain the practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data / personal information by 7Hops.com Inc. (“Taut”) in connection with the Taut widget appearing on third party websites. This Summary uses the term to “personal data” and “personal information” interchangeably, and in both cases, refers to the broad definitions of data concerning natural persons under both European and California privacy law.
The Purpose Of the Taut Widget and Legitimate Interest for this Processing
Data Collected by the Taut Widget
The Taut Widget collects only the following data:
• the IP address of the device which displayed the Taut Widget
• the user agent (what kind of device and browser) which displayed the Taut Widget
• the identity of the Publisher Website on which the Taut Widget was displayed
• the content links you clicked on (if any), which is recorded in a cookie stored on a browser device along with other cookies containing an identifier for the Publisher Website on which you viewed the Taut Widget, and an identifier for the precise version of the Taut Widget you were viewing
California consumers may refer to the table at the end of this Taut Widget Data Summary to see this data identified by the categories of personal information required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”).
The Taut Widget Cookie
• The “Taut Widget Cookies” are small data files that Taut’s servers transfer to your computer’s hard disk when you view the Taut Unit. The Taut Widget Cookies are named “recent_crc”, “recent_clicks”, and “seen_crc”. As noted above, the Taut Widget Cookies contain only the content links you clicked on (if any), an identifier for the Publisher Website on which you viewed the Taut Widget, and an identifier for the precise version of the Taut Widget you were viewing, for the sole purpose of ensuring that you receive a variety of Taut content (also called “frequency-capping”) and offer you Taut content we think is related to that Publisher Website and the content links you click.
• It is possible to opt out of cookies via your browser’s cookie settings. Most browsers allow you to opt out of all cookies, or just “third party cookies”. Either will prevent the Taut Widget from placing a cookie on your browsing device.
• You may also opt-out by visiting our opt-out page here. Please note that after choosing to opt-out, if you use a different computer or a different browser, or if you delete or block browser cookies, you may need to repeat the opt-out steps.
What Taut Does with that Data
• Taut keeps logs of IP addresses, user agent information, and Publisher Website identity (but not the cookie information, which we only read into temporary memory when we display the Taut Widget and other Taut content to you) for 30 days in their raw form. We aggregate the data into categories and counts necessary for the business relationship with the relevant Publisher (to count, sort and report impressions and to make payment), and then we delete the logs. The aggregated data does not contain any data which is identifiable to any natural person (for example, IP addresses). While we have the logs in their raw form, we may also use them for performance and security auditing. Taut will also retain personal data as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements.
California consumers may refer to the table at the end of this Taut Widget Data Summary to see these uses categorized into business purposes as required by the “CCPA.
Exceptions For Extreme Circumstance
Your personal data may be used when necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or if otherwise required by law to do so (such as a subpoena).
Transfer of Data Outside of Europe And Outside of the United States
Your personal data will be processed by Taut in the United States and possibly other countries outside of Europe. Taut abides by the principles of the EU – U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
Who Else Will Receive The Data
Taut will share your personal data with third party service providers that work with us to provide our services such as providers to host Taut’s infrastructure solution. These third-party service providers have access to your personal data only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. Taut may share aggregated, non-identifying information with other third parties, including other users, to enhance the effectiveness of our services and for industry research and analysis, benchmarking, and other similar purposes. For example, Taut may share aggregated, non-identifying statistics with other website publishers as part of Taut’s sales and marketing efforts and to allow publisher to optimize their use of the Taut Unit. Finally, Taut may also transfer your personal data if its business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (The data records are part of Taut’s business.)
What Rights Do I Have?
European and other Non-US Individuals
Under the applicable laws of various countries, you may have certain rights, such as under EU law, the right to access to, rectification or erasure of, and/or restriction of processing or objection to processing of your personal data. Taut’s contact information is below. However, please note that given the limited information Taut collects, Taut will almost certainly not be able to verify your identity from its records.
If you are a resident in the European Union, you have right to at no cost to lodge a complaint with EU data protection authorities. This right also exists in other countries. If you have questions please contact us or the data protection authority in your country.
Except for personal information we have because you or a business you work for or own has a direct business relationship with us, you as a California consumer have the following rights under the CCPA.
• You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected that personal information, the business purposes for which we use that information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have about you.
• You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of personal information we have sold about you, and for each category of your personal information we have sold, the categories of third parties to which we sold that personal information.
• You have the right to request the categories of your personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose.
• You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected from you.
All California consumers have the following rights under the CCPA:
• We do not disclose your information to third parties in exchange for consideration (“sell”, “sale”, “selling”, “sold” under the CCPA). However, we are required to inform you that you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
• You have the right not to be discriminated against because you have exercised any of your rights under the CCPA.
• You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make requests to us to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA.
To make any of the requests exercising your rights as a California consumer, you may contact us using the methods below.
Please note that we have to be able to verify your identity in order to comply with any of your requests to exercise your rights, and given the limited information Taut collects, there is no reasonable method by which Taut can verify your identity from its records. Only you and your internet service provider know your IP address and which websites you have visited at any given time. We have no ability to obtain this information, so we have no ability to correlate the personal information we have to any individual or household.
How To Contact Taut News
USA - NY